On receiving tutor feedback for my colour work, it gave me the confidence to create 3 different volumes of colour books. I chose to keep this very simple and sewed the binding.
As suggested, I didn’t cut out every colour chip, but kept a fresher approach.
I picked out either off cuts, or samples that I couldn’t fit into the books as my front covers. The aim was to communicate an idea of what would be found in each book.
I don’t have a printer, so although the task suggested typing out any titles or notes, I had to hand write. This meant I kept writing to a minimum. I included a contents page for all three volumes in Volume I but didn’t feel the need to repeat the process.
As I worked with these, I understood more and more the importance of creating space. This was hard as I wanted to keep many pieces to one double page so that they could all be referenced with the main photo/image that I had used as a starting point.